Thursday, January 15, 2009
Reflection
I just want to take a minute to type up some thoughts. Today has been a day of total reflection for me. It started out as a normal day, however it is Morgan's 1st birthday, maybe that is the reasoning for the mood. Gratitude is an amazing thing, yet sometimes difficult to feel and share. The last year and a half have been, quite honestly, the toughest times for Ryan and I. I had the hard pregnancy to start with, add on top of it the housing market downturn, and now the economy is even worse. However, through all of these trials, we have been so extremely blessed that it would be totally disrespectful if we didn't show gratitude. Now, I know that everyone has trials and I wouldn't trade ours for what anyone else goes through. It is just as simple as seeing what you have in your life right now at this moment and realize how lucky you are! Ryan and I have been married close to 10 years. We have 2 beautiful, healthy, happy girls. Our families love us and are a huge support. How seriously luck are we? What more do we need? I get a lot of inspiration from my cousin, Bonnie. Through the last 5 years she and her husband have wanted to be parents so badly, and how badly they deserved to be. Through a lot of faith, prayers, and trust in the Lord, they have been blessed with such a sweet girl, Kate. How great they are for having the patience and faith to last as long as it took. This last year has given us a lot and we know there is more to come. Whether it is easy, hard, happy, or sad we are fortunate to have each other. One last thought...my thoughts and prayers are with Steph and Niki; two great gals who are going through hard things in their lives (totally unrelated to each other) right now. Love you both.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks so much for all the thoughts and love.
I have to agree with you!! Everyone has their trials, and I wouldn't trade mine, but I am also so grateful for all the blessing I have, and I have been blessed with so much!!
Hey Anna! You have such a great attitude. I am so glad that I know you :) I was wondering if you could do me a favor and post a button for my tea on your blog. If you can email me at emily.7n@gmail.com
Amen. Anna, you are an angel and I draw strength from you! I am sitting her on the couch with kate asleep on my chest just beaming. Really, nothing is too difficult for the Lord. And he never forgets us . . . sometimes His will is manifest over time - like five years :) - and sometimes it's immediately or in between. Thanks for being so grateful in a time when it's maybe to easy to forget. LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment