Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Heart Scare

On Tuesday, April 5th I was at work and in a meeting; nothing unusual. Well, I left my cell phone at my desk which normally is fine. A co-worker came into my meeting and said that my husband had called twice and said it was an emergency. First of all, Ryan rarely calls me during the day because he is busy working. So for him to call my office phone twice and for him to say it was an emergency to a co-worker I knew something was up. I instantly panicked and ran to my desk trying not to cry and trying not to think of all of the worst case scenarios. So I finally get on the phone with him and he tells me that his dad had just had a heart attack and the ambulance had taken him to the hospital. So scary! I told him I would hurry home and get Morgan because she was home with Grandpa at the time. At that point we didn't know a whole lot so we all played the waiting game. Thankfully Joe was able to get the care he needed right away and was able to get in and have his surgery complete after only two hours of being at the hospital. The doctors said he was lucky because he had two arteries blocked. Joe was weak for a few days, but was able to make it home from the hospital on Friday, April 8th. Thankfully, Joe is doing great. Since Morgan was at the house when the ambulance came, she has now become completely afraid of sirens. If she is outside playing and hears a siren, she will come running into the house crying and wanting to be held. We try to explain that the sirens aren't coming to our house and no one is hurt. After a little while she is calmed down and realizes things are okay. Hopefully she will out grow this fear one day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So scary! Honestly, I'm still afraid of sirens a bit after my dad's heart attack about 18 years ago. It's traumatic. Poor thing. Glad he's doing well.