Monday, July 26, 2010

Second Grade

Megan started 2nd grade on July 26th. Where we live the elementary schools are year-round. A lot of people like or dislike them. Me well I don't really have a preference; either way I am at work. Megan loves school. We were talking with her cousin Maddie one day about going back to school. Maddie is on a different track and didn't start school until the end of August. Aunt Trisha told Megan that Maddie is probably happier having more time off and Megan told Trisha - "are you crazy? School is where I go to have fun!" Thankfully I have great in-laws that help Megan get to and from school. The school district took our buses away this year due to budget cuts. The route to school is about a mile and hardly any sidewalk with a fairly busy road. Megan's grandma says there is no way she will be walking so she gratefully takes Megan and her cousins, Caleb and Carson, to school and Aunt Amy picks them all up. I have great in-laws that help us out a ton. Meg was so excited for school; she got up on her own the first day. I went into work late so I could be there to drop her off. She was just so happy! She loves to read and is extremely good at it. I know everyone thinks their kids are smart, but I don't just think it - I know it...and so does her teacher. After the first day or two of school, Megan came home and told me about a girl that sits by her. Megan told me that this girl doesn't read very well so Megan helps her. At first I wasn't sure what the whole truth was there, until back to school night. I talked with her teacher, Mrs. Bennight, and she told me that Megan is a huge help to this girl. She struggles a lot and Megan has been a huge help and really does teach this girl a lot. That pretty much melted my heart! Megan is a very thoughtful little girl and makes her mom and dad proud!




No comments: