On March 8th, Megan turned 7. She is always excited for her birthday and this year was no different. However, she got sick in the middle of the night. I thought it was just because she was tired and thought she was fine. I got up and got ready for work, but then she woke up really sick again. I asked her if she felt like she needed to stay home and she said yes. I knew she was really sick because what 7 year old wants to miss school on their very birthday? So she and I stayed home. I asked her if she wanted to cancel the family coming over that evening, but she said she felt well enough. Her birthday dinner request was lasagna and Grandpa Joe's chocolate cake with special chocolate frosting (so yummy). She ate very little dinner, and I can't blame her after being sick most of the day. When the family came over she was pretty upbeat. She is always excited when family is around and it made it even better that they all spoiled her rotten! It took about 1 1/2 hours, but she finally wore out and got to the point where she couldn't play any longer and was ready for bed. So, it wasn't the best birthday, but it definitely wasn't the worst either.








1 comment:
what a cutie!!
Post a Comment