Well, the day has come; M went to Kindergarten today! She has been so excited all summer; she could hardly wait! M gets to go to a brand new school; it was just built this year. We took many drives by the school to see its progress and, although it isn't 100% complete, it is ready and safe for the kids. M had her outfit picked out days ago; she and her dad went weeks ago to get her backpack; and she had her assessment last Friday. Of course, mom has been nervous, excited, sad - all of the mix of emotions. This morning came and M got dressed, hair combed, and off we were to take MJ to the babysitter. We then came home to have M catch the bus! She met some of her neighbor friends at the bus stop and off she went. As I was walking back home, I realized she was gone! Don't worry...I went up to the school to see her get in class. Her bus had made it to the school before I could get there and park, but M was waiting outside for her teacher. She got a little nervous because she saw one Kindergarten teacher, but Mrs. Robinson wasn't there...yet. After a few minutes, Mrs. Robinson came out and helped the class line up. This is when M got nervous and very clingy! She didn't want to let go of my hand and wouldn't let me leave. I walked her into the school (so did a bunch of other moms) and when we got to her class she went right in and sat down. I watched her for a few minutes and then it was time for the moms to go. For the record...I was NOT the last mom to leave the school! I went and picked her up after school was over and she came out with a smile on her face. She said she had a great time and is excited to go tomorrow! M said that they read stories, wrote their names - a lot, went over the class rules, made a story book and a raccoon to go with it. When I took her to her grandpa after school she told him that school was "FANTASTICO!" She has now finished her first day of school. I can't believe she is already there. She has asked that I not call her a baby anymore, MJ is the baby and I am a big kid! I kept telling her last night that she was my baby girl and shouldn't be old enough for school, well she is and so far she loves it! Let's hope she continues to love it when it is everyday!

The Outfit!

I am ready!

Glamour Girl!

The BUS!

A bit nervous at this point...walking into the school.

Here is M in class.

AFTER! The first day of Kindergarten was a "piece of cake!"
8 comments:
So fun. She is growing up weather you like it or not. At least the teacher didn't have to peel her off of you when you had to go. when I was in Kindergarten the teacher had to peel me off my mom and my mom had to run out the door while I screamed! Such memories.
Way to go, M (and mom!!) Glad to hear that all went well!! She will do great in kindergarten! But it is weird to see them go off to school! All these little kindergarteners seem so small!! Have lots of fun at school, M!
Morgan has Mrs. Robinson too! In spite of my crazy reservations, I am feeling a lot more comfy Morgan's K-garten situation. I miss her, but she is happy (except when "the class goes too fast and almost leaves her when it's time to go to the bus" and she has a melt down at school! Oh well, what can I say. . .melt downs run in the family I guess.
I can only imagine how hard that is to send your baby girl off to the big world. I had a trouble with Preschool! I am glad she liked it.
What a cutie Anna. I cannot believe that she is old enough for Kindergarden. Your newest little one is so dang cute too.
Hey Anna! Thanks for welcoming me to the wide world of blogging. I'm just a newby and looking at your cute blog lets me know I have a long way to go.
Your little cutie looks like she had a great first day of kindergarten! It's adorable and a bit comical that her backpack is almost bigger than she is. :)
Hope ya don't mind if I look in on you every now and then.
The first day of school!!! I would lay out my outfit the night before and Leini did the same thing. How much fun is that/
OH MY GOSH
I love her!
she is the cutest thing on the face of this planet!!!!
Post a Comment