May is already more than half over - can you believe it? May is one of those month's for our family that there is always a lot going on. Between birthday's and anniversaries and of course Memorial Day, the month always flies on by.
Last week, Megan spent the day with her friend Hannah while I went to work and Morgan went to Grandma Marilyn's. Hannah's mom, Heather, and I used to work together a few years ago and have remained great friends. I am so happy that Heather and her family moved back to Salt Lake and that they moved close to us so we can have more good friends close by. Megan and Hannah had a great time together. They went to the library, park - and had a real pick nick, and when I got to the house to pick her up they had built a "hide out". Megan asked if she could go there everyday - of course I don't want to burn Heather or Hannah out! Heather had a baby boy one week before I had Morgan, so it is nice to have kids the same age.
Morgan went to the doctor last week - she is now 4 months old. She weighs 11 lbs 13 oz, is 23 inches long, and her head size is 41.2. For her weight she is in the 45%, height is 35%, and head size is 60%. She did have to get 4 shots again, but she handled them like a champ. She cried for about 30 seconds and then was calm...she is a trooper.
Ryan and I just worked, worked, and then more work! Ryan works so hard and I can't be more grateful for a husband that isn't afraid to work. I am beginning to feel the challenges of having kids in school. I received a phone call from Megan's school on Thursday afternoon letting me know that there will not be a bus to bring home the kindergartners on the morning session of kindergarten. So, just when something simple seems to be okay, there is a kink in the plan. I have some great neighbors, friends, and family that have already offered to help out with getting Megan home from school - so thank you to all!
This last weekend was really nice - the weather was great. I did some yard work, finished preparing my lesson for Sunday, and BBQ'd some hamburgers. My lesson was on temple marriage and I was really please with my Mia Maids. They participated and asked questions; I really feel like they enjoyed the lesson. Sometimes with 14-15 year old's it is hard to get their attention, but yesterday I think I was somewhat successful.
We are getting visitors for Memorial Weekend - yippee! My parents are coming up from St. George and they are going to stay with us. Megan is so excited and has a special treat planned for them when they get here. She is already counting down the days - she loves her grandparents (both sets) and loves their visits.
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment